The Launch Includes An Exclusive New Collaboration with Tapatío Hot Sauce, A Hot Take On The Latest Collection
Brooklyn, NY (PRWEB) - Van Leeuwen Ice Cream, the nationally adored brand known for making decadent and delicious dairy and vegan ice cream with high-quality, simple ingredients, is heating up the ice cream category with the launch of seven new flavors now available at 3,500 Walmart locations nationwide. The rotation of new flavors includes Mexican Hot Chocolate made in collaboration with Tapatío Hot Sauce, Sweet Potato Marshmallow Casserole, Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll, Wildberry Layer Cake, along with fan-favorite core flavors Strawberry, Hazelnut Fudge Cookie and Honeycomb.
These Van Leeuwen pints will refresh the previous five flavors announced this summer, including the viral Grey Poupon with Salted Pretzels flavor. For its third rotation at Walmart, Van Leeuwen is thrilled to partner with Tapatío Hot Sauce to bring some heat to its ice cream. This new rotation also includes the seasonal launch of Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll which is sure to satisfy consumers’ pumpkin cravings this autumn and Sweet Potato Marshmallow Casserole, Van Leeuwen’s delicious take on the classic fall dessert. The seven new flavors are available starting today in 3,500 Walmart locations for a 10-week rotation in all 50 states.
“Heading into the season known for all things pumpkin, we are excited to offer Walmart shoppers a variety of fall-themed flavors that will quite literally spice up their ice cream selection at home,” said Ben Van Leeuwen, Co-Founder, and CEO of Van Leeuwen Ice Cream. “Walmart has been a great partner and we are happy that Van Leeuwen’s flavors, especially our collaboration with Tapatío Hot Sauce, will be up for grabs when Walmart shoppers are stocking up for their upcoming festivities with friends and family.”
“We are grateful to Walmart for helping Van Leeuwen bring good ice cream, made from good ingredients, to every corner of the United States. Van Leeuwen’s availability in Walmart stores has allowed us to continue to create collections of innovative flavors featuring hazelnuts from Italy and heat from one of the most popular hot sauce brands on the market. At Van Leeuwen, we take the time to cultivate thoughtful formulations that are sometimes unexpected, but always good, and we are so excited for shoppers to get their hands on our latest collection,” said Van Leeuwen.
“We couldn’t be more thrilled to partner with Van Leeuwen on their refreshing take on the classic Mexican Hot Chocolate flavor. We love how Van Leeuwen is “spicing” up the ice cream game and it feels like a match made in dairy heaven,” said Luis Saavedra, CEO, Tapatio.
Van Leeuwen is launching the following seven crave-able and drool-worthy flavors now available at all Walmart locations for the next 10 weeks:
New Exclusive Flavors
- Mexican Hot Chocolate with Tapatío Hot Sauce: Chocolate ice cream with marshmallows and fudge swirls. But this isn't the hot chocolate you grew up with, this is way cooler. And by cooler, we mean hotter, because we added Tapatío Hot Sauce. Now it's a fiesta.
- Sweet Potato Marshmallow Casserole: Is there anything more American than a casserole that combines sweet potatoes and marshmallows? We’ve added in swirls of caramel because, yum. If loving this combination is wrong, we don't want to be right.
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll: Pureed pumpkin. Cinnamon rolls. A little nutmeg. Swirls of cinnamon caramel. Maybe that autumn chill in the air is coming from the freezer?
- Wildberry Layer Cake: It would be wild if we didn't add a Wildberry swirl to our vanilla ice cream and it would be absurd if we didn't mix in pieces of soft, fluffy yellow cake.
Fan Favorite Flavors Now Available
- Hazelnut Fudge Cookie: Italian hazelnuts. Crumbles of spiced speculoos cookies. Swirls of rich dark chocolate. They're all the winners here in this mouth contest.
- Strawberry: Oregon-grown strawberries. Delicately picked at peak ripeness. Then shoved into a dark alley where fresh cream, egg yolks, and pure cane sugar get to work initiating strawberries into the ice cream gang.
- Honeycomb: Despite being called honeycomb, it's not made from any honey at all. It’s made with caramel candy. That all might seem confusing until you realize that ice cream is also made without ice. Your whole life has been a lie.
For more information about the new Van Leeuwen’s exclusive Walmart flavors and to keep up on all things Van Leeuwen, follow the brand on Instagram @vanleeuwenicecream or visit https://www.vanleeuwenicecream.com.
About Van Leeuwen Ice Cream
Van Leeuwen Ice Cream was started out of a yellow scoop truck on the streets of NYC in 2008 by Ben Van Leeuwen, Pete Van Leeuwen, and Laura O’Neill, who were on a mission to make good ice cream from good ingredients that makes you feel good.
Since 2008, Van Leeuwen Ice Cream has innovated beyond the original dairy recipe and added vegan ice cream to their scoopable lineup. In 2021, they launched their line of dairy and vegan ice cream bars.
Van Leeuwen has now opened 33 scoop shops in NYC, NJ, LA, PA, TX, and CO has products in grocery stores across the country, and is available to order for nationwide shipping from their website. All the while, continuing the ultimate goal of making good ice cream that makes you feel good.
Because a life without anything good is bad.
About Tapatio Hot Sauce
Tapatio Foods, LLC started in 1971 from humble beginnings. 50 years later Tapatio is still a family run business and has grown to become a staple not only in Hispanic households but in most American households today. It’s the number 1 hot sauce in the west, and the number 3 hot sauce in the country. Now available in many different sizes and internationally distributed, Tapatio is a sauce that can be used with everything!